A proper query-log analysis typically forms the beginning of each project with VirtualWorks. Through analyzing user behavior, a web site's strong and weak points get revealed and appropriate action can be taken. The result of a query-log analysis is always twofold: a report outlining striking search behavior characteristics and a customization of semantic resources to reflect these characteristics.
At VirtualWorks, we highly respect data privacy. All query-log analyses are conducted on anonymized queries with no linkage to real persons.
Features of LT Query Analysis
- Analysis can be conducted on almost all log formats (we provide consultancy on how to ideally log user behavior)
- Query space segmentation (e.g. into different verticals or into types of queries)
- Folding of queries (which queries appear in which variations)
- Query segmentation based on an exhaustive term dictionary of the underlying data
- Session-based user behavior (e.g. query reformulation)
- Contextualization of query interpretation based on search/clickthrough patterns
- Treatment of ambiguous searches on the basis of search/clickthrough patterns
- Repair of frequent searches that are not yet answered satisfactorily